Ohio Date Rape Defense Attorney
Rape is typically defined as the penetration of another individual without his or her consent. Resistance, as a component, does not have to occur. Sometimes, the victim is not even aware that the act is being committed, whether it is due to drugs, being unconscious or lacking the mental capacity to understand the situation.
The charge of rape itself can be better defined if it falls into specific categories, including:
- Date rape: Date rape is a fairly common occurrence. This form of rape typically results when the perpetrator is known to the victim. This is typically the case in social escorts or a dating environment.
- Spousal rape: These charges reflect allegations of forced intercourse between two individuals who are married. Spousal rape is a form of felony sexual battery and can occur as a result of force, threat of force, or physical or mental incapacitation.
- Statutory rape: These charges are brought when the sexual relations involve an individual who has not yet reached the age of consent.
The ramifications of rape or gross sexual imposition, like all sex crimes, are severe. The consequences can include substantial jail time and required registration as a sex offender. The reporting requirement can be 15 years, 25 years or a lifetime requirement. You need an experienced and qualified lawyer to stand by your side through this dilemma.
Columbus Gross Sexual Imposition (GSI) Attorney
Gross sexual imposition is a charge that is applied when sexual contact occurs during certain forbidden circumstances such as:
- If the sexual contact is made by force or threat of force.
- If control is imposed on another individual through the administration of a drug, intoxicant or other controlled substance.
- If the sexual contact occurs when an individual's ability to consent or resist is substantially impaired by the use of a drug, intoxicant or other controlled substance.
- If the sexual contact involves a person less than 13 years of age, whether or not the age was made common knowledge.
- If the sexual contact occurs when an individual's ability to consent or resist is substantially impaired by a mental or physical condition or advanced age.
It is important to challenge these charges immediately and aggressively. Whether these allegations arise from false accusations or misinterpreted actions, I will vigorously defend your rights and freedom.
Contact the Firm
If you were charged with gross sexual imposition or rape in Ohio, contact Samuel B. Weiner Co., L.P.A., by calling 614-556-4273 or via the e-mail form on this website. We offer a free initial consultation, free parking and flexible hours by appointment.